Introducing Ruvarashe Matsika - Class of 2019
1) What inspired you to enroll at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
I fell in love with the school because it was different from other schools. It has high standards, we get to interact with Chef Jackie and learn from her life experiences in the field of culinary arts.
2) What are you hoping to achieve there?
To learn new skills, grow as a person, and become more knowledgeable about the industry.
3) What are you hoping to give of yourself?
I hope to give my all in everything I do, and to improve my culinary skills. I want to challenge myself to do my very best.
4) What is your long-term goal?
To travel around the world and gain more experience. I also want to go to Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. And then open my own bakery.
5) In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
About three to five years.
6) Who is your favourite international foodie?
Jamie Oliver, because he is so passionate about food. He makes cooking fun and exciting.
10) If food had a personality, which dish would be most like you – and why?
A doughnut. I am a well-rounded person - very colourful and sweet.
11) Where were you born and raised?
I was born and raised in Zimbabwe.
12) Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
I enjoy singing, gaming and swimming.
13) What dish is the least inspiring and why?
Jelly because the texture is kind of rubbery. It's unpleasant to eat.