Introducing Jessica George - Class of 2019
1) What inspired you to enroll at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
The personal touch that Jackie Cameron offers and the passion she has for cooking.
2) What are you hoping to achieve here?
I’m hoping to achieve that which is beyond what my mind can currently imagine accomplishing. I’m hoping to learn and acquire skills that I will carry with me and use for the rest of my life.
3) What do you hope to give of yourself?
Jackie Cameron has put so much time and hard work into her school which, along with my parents sacrificing so much for me to be here, is motivation enough for me to want to give of my very best.
4) What is your long-term goal?
To be able to use food creatively - whether running a lodge; doing food journalism or food styling; or running my own business.
5) In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
In the next three to 10 years.
6) Who is your favourite international ‘foodie’?
7) If food had a personality, what dish would be most like you – and why?
Chocolate Fondant: With a soft centre and rich flavours, Chocolate fondant would be most like me. I have a very rich personality. And if I could have my way, we would have pudding as main courses! I love it when my family gets together and, each with our own spoon, we share a pudding. So chocolate fondant reminds me of family coming together!
8) Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Cape Town and raised in Cape Town and then KwaZulu-Natal.
9) Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Running, instagramming, photography, gymming, horse riding.
10) What dish do find least inspiring – and why?