Introducing Michelle Engelbrecht - Class of 2018
1. What inspired you to enrol at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
I have been cooking and baking since I was very young, and I want to further my appreciation of food. I value the way food brings people together. I want to learn how to cook and bake the correct way.
2. What are you hoping to achieve here?
To learn all there is to know about food; improve my ways of cooking and baking – and to become a very good chef.
3. What do you hope to give of yourself?
I will really work hard and whatever this course holds and offers; I will give my best shot.
4. What is your long-term goal?
To work overseas. Open my own café/coffee shop. Have a home-industries outlet.
5. In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
Three to eight years.
6. Who is your favourite international ‘foodie’?
7. If food had a personality, what dish would be most like you – and why?
A rainbow cake with cream-cheese icing. It’s plain and simple, yet it is colourful, happy and enjoyable. I’m a happy person, positive thinker – and very colourful.
8. Where were you born and raised?
I was born in Greytown and raised in Wartburg, where I still live.
9. Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Sport, outdoor adventure and photography.
10. What dish do find least inspiring – and why?
Fruit cake. It’s very fruity and a bit dry – and doesn’t inspire me.