Introducing Jonathan Kapp - Class of 2017
Jonathan is sharing a recipe for a Wayfarer Whole Trout. “The dish I’m sharing is whole trout with hand-picked dill and fresh orange. It’s simple but colourful with all the elements fresh and vibrant.”
In the students’ first week we visited many of our suppliers including Wayfarer Trout. This is a little farm in the heart of Dargle in the KwaZulu-Natal Midlands. Clearly, the beauty of this farm captured Jonathan and stimulated a desire to make this dish.
1. What inspired you to enroll at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
2. What are you hoping to achieve there?
Personal growth, learning as much as I can and getting one step closer to my dream.
3. What do you hope to give of yourself?
Everything I possibly can.
4. What is your long-term goal?
To change everything.
5. In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
As long as it takes.
6. Who is your favourite international “foodie”?
Marco P White
7. If food had a personality, which dish would be most like you – and why?
Risotto. When it’s done wrong it’s a disaster but done correctly it is one of the most
satisfying dishes you will ever taste. You will never forget it.
8. Where were you born and raised?
9. Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Music; nature; drawing; dreaming; exercise; video games; movies – and more.
10. What dish do you find least inspiring and why?
Ice cream. Because vanilla is my favourite flavour.
Enjoy trying this recipe and please keep up to date with the students’ progress. Here is to each of them reaching greater heights than they ever thought possible.
Find out more about my women’s chef range here - men’s to come shortly. Remember Jackie Cameron Cooks at Home and Baking with Jackie Cameron. They highlight all my foodie adventures. I always look forward to hearing from you so please communicate via email: email@example.com.
Jackie Cameron owner of Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine in Hilton, KZN - email for enquires at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find me on Facebook – Jackie Cameron Cooks at Home, Twitter - @jackie_cameron and Instagram: jackiecameronincolour
All Photos taken by:
Kate Martens Photography
Cell Phone: 0828798328