your journey with food starts here
Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine offers an 18-month intensive, internationally-recognised chef course with a maximum intake of 15 students.
“Hands-on” is Jackie's philosophy, and “don’t ever give up” her motto. The students work alongside her daily, and the school provides the opportunity to experience all things foodie in a safe and secure environment.
KNowledge. Skills. Confidence.
THINK NEW AGE ON ALL LEVELS - TEACHING our STUDENTS HOW TO CREATE A BALANCED AND HEALTHY LIFESTYLE IN THIS CRAZY BUT EXTREMELY-REWARDING INDUSTRY.
Jackie Cameron believes there is more to food than working in a top restaurant - locally or internationally. “I’m enjoying sharing all that I have been fortunate to have learnt – and experienced - with the students,” she says, adding that her aim is to impart this knowledge, and to equip the students with the skills to 'go it alone'with confidence. She is ahead of the game on all levels as she guides students to create a balanced and healthy lifestyle in this crazy, but extremely rewarding, industry.
“My undertaking is to prepare students for the culinary arts,” she explained. “The correct attitude together with confidence, not arrogance, is hugely important to me. I want to see the school’s students staying in the industry, remembering there are many facets to the world of food. Leading by example, striving to be better every day, wanting to impress and being competitive is what gets one ahead.”
A Cut Above
A high standard is demanded for this internationally-recognised, mentoring course that produces respected chefs - a cut above the rest.
Internationally recognised Chef Course
in the kzn midlands
JACKIE CAMERON SCHOOL OF FOOD & WINE IS SITUATED IN PICTURESQUE HILTON IN THE KZN MIDLANDS. THE SCHOOL OFFERS WONDERFUL VIEWS OF PIETERMARITZBURG AND IS CLOSE TO SHOPPING AMENITIES, THE MIDLANDS MEANDER, DRAKENSBERG MOUNTAINS, MIDMAR DAM, PIETERMARITZBURG AND HOWICK.
- The best equipment from France and Italy
- Lecture rooms consisting of all necessary appliances to facilitate the training of students.
- A fully-functional demonstration kitchen area to ensure students gain “first-hand” knowledge in dealing with patrons, and gain practical knowledge - a vital outcome of the course.
- An additional kitchen for students to work in their own space to acquire all the basic cooking skills.
- Wine forms an integral part of the course so a traditional wine cellar is available.
- Meeting and greeting the top winemakers in the country will happen throughout the year as well as tastings to build confidence in a wine-and-palate profile.
- Wine courses are internationally recognised. A tour to the Cape will be organised, and all are included in the price, besides evenings of leisure.
- Grow-your-own - students will be responsible for garden work to recognise the importance
- of ‘growing your own’.
- An intensive cake-icing course with an award-winning cake icier.
- Costing courses will be done by my accountant.
- French terminology will be taught by a French linguist.
- Much time will be spent with local suppliers understanding what quality and free-range is
- all about.
- Family meals once a week will be included and cooked by the students as they must learn the importance of healthy, balanced meals.
- On-site accommodation for eight students will be available at an additional cost with normal ablution facilities and a lounge/reclining area for study purposes.
STATE OF THE ART FACILITIES.
ONLY THE BEST.
CULINARY EQUIPMENT CO
SMART KITCHEN DESIGNS
Visitors to Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine will note that Culinary Equipment Company features here. That’s because it is a reliable source for, arguably, the best in gastronomic tools - from world-class heritage brands to innovative technology used in the world’s leading kitchens.
The Culinary Equipment Company sells hard-to-find and high-quality kitchen appliances, tools and accessories to discerning clientele; and represents craftsmen, manufacturers with best practices that span the widest range of categories available from a single culinary company in South Africa.
TALENT FOR COOKING
Apart from a look that is guaranteed to enhance any kitchen, there are several reasons that the Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine supports ELBA appliances. Here are a few motivating factors worth contemplating:
ELBA appliances are manufactured to exacting European standards. They are assembled by people who understand the meaning of ‘passion for cooking’. The eye-catching ELBA collection of Italian designed-and-built gas and gas-electric cookers shapes a particular kitchen with confidence that promises to inspire, enhancing culinary creativity.
GRANT SOUS VIDE
RUGGED, RELIABLE, FOR THE PROFESSIONAL
By choosing the Grant Sous Vide Universal Stirrer (stirred heat) SV200, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine offers students the best in reliable instruments as they realise their dreams of a culinary career.
This Grant Universal Stirrer has excellent temperature stability at +/- 0.02 °C, and it can be used on rectangular or circular vessels of up to 50 liters.
It is simple to operate and has a stainless steel cage around the element and jet which prevents bags being pushed up against the heating and circulating mechanisms.
Seeing Is believing.
We welcome you to Come in and view
Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine
18-MONTH INTENSIVE, INTERNATIONALLY-RECOGNISED CHEF COURSE WITH 100% PLACEMENT GUARANTEE.
Registration & Student Loan
Maximum intake of 15 students.
The registration form which gives insight into the course and what needs to be completed to start the registration process. Once I have received the required document I shall meet with the prospective student at an organised time. This interview can take three hours.
Student Loan Contact:
- Phumla Sithole | Sales Consultant | Absa Student Bureau
- Office: +27 (0)33 392 1903 | Fax: +27 (0)33 392 1909
- Address: Shop 23 Hayfields Mall, 28 Blackburrow Road, Hayfields, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
- Email: email@example.com