Introducing Connor Benn - Class of 2017
Connor’s gran’s potato salad, taught to him when he was eight years old, is his firm favourite. It takes him back to family Sunday braais. His dad was responsible for cooking the lamb chops, his mother made the “most delicious” garlic bread and he provided the salad. “It was always a winner,” he admits, as he displays that captivating grin.
- What inspired you to enrol at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
I’ve always wanted to be a chef and a family friend recommended Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine. As soon as I arrived here I was hooked.
- What are you hoping to achieve there?
To gain an overall knowledge of the main aspects that come with becoming a renowned chef.
- What do you hope to give of yourself?
My absolute best – and more. I plan on learning as much as possible in the 18 months.
- What is your long-term goal?
To own a bakery or successful fine-dining restaurant.
- In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
- Who is your favourite international “foodie”?
- If food had a personality, which dish would be most like you – and why?
Roast pork belly because I consider myself warm and hearty.
- Where were you born and raised?
Born in Port Elizabeth and raised in Kloof, Durban.
- Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Basketball, video games, socialising with friends.
- What dish do you find least inspiring and why?
Spaghetti Bolognaise because it is so plain – and easy to make.
Enjoy trying this recipe and please keep up to date with the students’ progress. Here is to each of them reaching greater heights than they ever thought possible.
Find out more about my women’s chef range here - men’s to come shortly. Remember Jackie Cameron Cooks at Home and Baking with Jackie Cameron. They highlight all my foodie adventures. I always look forward to hearing from you so please communicate via email: email@example.com.
Jackie Cameron owner of Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine in Hilton, KZN - email for enquires at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find me on Facebook – Jackie Cameron Cooks at Home, Twitter - @jackie_cameron and Instagram: jackiecameronincolour
Food assistant and recipe developer: Arnie Muller, Rebecca Bourhill and Connor Benn
All Photos taken by:
Kate Martens Photography
Cell Phone: 0828798328