Food Fit for Royalty - Urban Life and Style July 2016
1. I always think of a feast - tables filled and laden with savoury deliciousness… roast potatoes, suckling pig, pumpkin pies, lamb crowns, cote de boeuf with all the trimmings Yorkshire puddings, applesauce.
2. Valrhona chocolate in or on anything is pretty grand.
3. Croquembouche, marks a celebration if served as a dessert. I will never forget the first one I made with absolutely no guidance from anyone just a memory having seen it being done once before. Keep in mind, in those days, one didn’t have YOUTUBE to guide a chef in need.
4. What would tea time be for royalty without fresh homemade cucumber sandwiches, scones with berry jam and clotted cream.
5. A world class selection of beautifully matured cheeses that one can see many years of making, recipes past down from one generation to the next.