Weber Grilled Beef Fillet with Coconut Milk, Hummus and Coriander
Weber Grilled Beef Fillet sliced with Spicy Coconut Milk, Hummus and Fresh Coriander
- 740gr Beef Fillet
- 15ml Sunflower Oil
- 15gr Salted Butter
- Remove all sinew and excess fat off the beef fillet, cut the beef into 6 portions.
- Heat the oil and butter together, then dip the beef into this all around, place the beef portions onto a very hot and ready Weber Sear Grate. Sear, then place the lid on the Weber for a few minutes. Take out and allow the beef to rest, slice when cooled.
- 70gr Salted Butter
- 395gr Onions, finely chopped
- 45ml Spices
- 200ml Coconut Milk
Spices – 15ml Durban Masala, 15ml Turmeric Powder, 15ml Coriander Seeds, 15ml Cumin Seeds, 15ml Cayenne Pepper, 15ml Fennel Seeds, 4 Dried Chillies.
Pulverize or liquidise all the spices to make a powder. This makes about 120ml mixed spices, store the left-over in an air tight container.
- Get the Weber Wok hot and add the butter and then the onions. Sauté the onions until caramelised. Add the 45ml spices and cook until the aromas develop.
- Add the coconut milk, season with ORYX Salt and Black Pepper and bring this to the boil.
- 1tin Chickpeas(strain liquid off and discard it)
- 5ml Durban Masala
- 30ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5gr Garlic
- 120ml Olive Oil
- Fine ORYX Salt
- Black Pepper
- Place all the hummus ingredients into a liquidiser and liquidise on a high speed until the correct consistency is reached. Place into a bowl to be served on the side and garnish with chickpeas and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs
- Sesame Seeds (black, but this is optional)
- Home – Made Fresh Bread
- Put the hummus bowl, Fresh Coriander sprigs and the toasted Sesame Seeds on a platter. Heat the spicy sauce, add the sliced beef and heat through. Once warm place on the platter and serve with chunky, fresh crispy bread.