Zoë's Macaroni and Cheese
Yield: One Large Dish
- 2L Water
- 30ml Salt
- 2 cups Macaroni
- 45ml Butter
- 5ml Dried Italian Herbs
- 45ml Flour
- 1L Full Cream Milk
- 5ml Salt
- 2.5ml Black Pepper
- 250ml Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 30ml Tomato Paste
- 250gr Bacon, chopped and cooked
- In a pot place the water and salt and bring this to the boil, add the macaroni and cook until al dente, firm to the bite.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter with the dried herbs.
- Add the flour to make a roux, mixing well. Add the milk, all at one time, whisking the whole time.
- Cook the sauce, till it begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the cheese.
- Reduce the heat and add the tomato paste and bacon.
- Place into an oven dish, topped with sliced tomato and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle with feta.
- Brown under the grill for a few minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.