Nougat Ice Cream
Homemade Nougat Ice Cream
Yields: about 1.3 litres
- 6 Egg – Yolks
- ¼ cup (62.5ml) Castor Sugar
- 1000ml Cream
- 15ml Glucose Syrup
- 1 Vanilla Po, split in half and seeds removed
- 2X 110gr Nougat, cut in small blocks
- Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Allow the cream, glucose and vanilla seeds to come to the boil. Take off the heat, add the nougat blocks, and allow the nougat to semi–melt and all the flavours to come together.
- Add the warm cream mixture to the whisked egg yolk mixture, combining well.
- If an ice cream machine is not available place the chilled mixture into the freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until the mixture is frozen to allow for a light and fluffy ice cream. Otherwise follow manufactures instructions if an ice cream machine is available.