Maltabella Ice Cream
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 60ml Treacle Sugar
- 15ml Glucose Syrup
- 1L Maltabella, cooked with 500 ml additional cream added to make a creamy: consistency
- 100ml Honey
- 10ml Cinnamon Powder
- 250ml Almonds, roasted and chopped
- 250ml Pecan Nuts, roasted and chopped
- Cream the egg yolks, sugar and glucose together.
- Add the warm maltabella, honey, cinnamon and nuts.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream machine. If an ice-cream machine isn't available place chilled mixture into a freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until frozen to allow for a light, fluffy ice cream. Serve with some stewed prunes and Amarula cream