Garden-fresh Salad with Meunière Butter Dressing
Salad Leaves, Fresh Garden Herbs, Deep Fried Sage and Lemon Dressed with Meunière Butter
Yields: One salad for two
- ½ Head of Lettuce
- 7 Different fresh garden picked herbs, for example: chives, rocket, fennel, sorrel ,mint ,flat leaf parsley and thyme
- 10 Deep fried Sage leaves, fry in a medium temperature oil until the leaf becomes almost bright in colour-place on paper toweling
- 2 Lemon wedges
- 250g Butter
- 60 ml Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the butter in a saucepan, add the lemon juice and set aside-outside the fridge-this is the meuniere butter sauce.
- Mix the lettuce and herbs together and add the room-temperature sauce this will beautifully glaze each of the leaves adding a lemon buttery-ness.
- Top with crispy sage leaves and a side of lemon wedges for those who enjoy an extra zestiness.