Oats Coated Chicken Wings and a Herb Mayonnaise
Oats Coated Chicken Wings
- 250ml Oats
- 250ml Breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper to season
- 12 Chicken Wings
- 250ml Cake Flour
- 3 Whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- Sunflower Oil, for frying
- Place the oats and breadcrumbs onto an oven tray and roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, until toasted.
- Blend well together in a food processor.
- Season with the salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- Take the chicken wings, firstly coat them with the four, then with eggs and then lastly with the oats crumbs.
- Poach in stock or water for 15-18 minutes to start the cooking process.
- Fry in warm oil, until the chicken is cooked and the outside is golden.
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 clove Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 10ml Dijon Mustard
- 250ml Olive Oil
- 250ml Sunflower Oil
- 15gr Mixed Herbs, chopped very well
- Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice to taste
- Fine Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- Whisk the egg yolks, garlic and Dijon mustard until light and pale.
- Add the oils very slowly to this mixture to allow it to emulsify. If added to quickly it will split.
- Finish with the mixed herbs, lemon juice, salt and pepper Serve on the side with the oat coated chicken wings.