Brookdale's Beetroot with Fresh Orange Segments & Mint
Beetroot and Oranges
Serves 4 - 6
- 6 - 8 medium size beetroot
- 4 oranges peeled and segmented
- 5 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- Boil beetroot with the skin on until tender.
- Allow to cool then peel and cut into quarters.
- Spoon beetroot onto a salad platter and top with orange segments and drizzle with dressing and finish off with zest of orange and fresh mint and sesame seeds.
- 2 oranges juice and zest sprigs of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 45 ml rice vinegar
- 60 ml olive oil
- 5 ml sesame oil
- brown sugar or honey to taste
- herb salt and ground black pepper
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.