- 4 cups Full Cream Milk
- ½ cup Cream
- ½ teaspoon Salt, I do suggest using ORYX salt
- 40ml White Wine Vinegar
- Place the milk, cream and salt into a heavy-based saucepan and heat the mixture over medium-high heat. Allow it to simmer for five minutes, do not let it boil. Stir the mixture as it is heating to prevent burning.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for five minutes.
- Use one hand to stir constantly while the other hand slowly pours the vinegar into the milk and cream mixture.
- The vinegar will cause the curds to coagulate and separate from the whey. You will see solid bits forming on the top of the liquid. Keep stirring until all the vinegar has been added.
- Cover the pot with a lid and put this into the WONDERBAG, close it tightly and leave it for 2 hours.
- Prepare a sieve with an oil filter within. Remove this from the WONDERBAG and pour contents through the sieve. Let to stand for 2 hours, do not stir.
- Resulting in a very thick and creamy ricotta.