Yields: 4 cups
- 2 Lemons - Zest and Juice
- 2 Oranges - Zest and Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Pod or Vanilla Extract
- 1 Bottle (750ml) Good quality Red Wine
- Using a lemon zester or potato peeler, remove the zest from the lemons and oranges, avoiding the white pith, place the zest into a saucepan. Juice the lemons and oranges and add the juice to the heavy based pot..
- Add the sugar, water, cinnamon powder, vanilla pod or extract and red wine.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer (do not let it boil), stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- Place the pot into the WONDERBAG, close it tightly and leave it for 4 hours for flavour development.
- Strain the gluwhein, heat and serve.