Trout Spring Rolls & Sweet Chilli Sauce
Trout Spring Rolls
- 10gr Butter
- 20ml Sunflower Oil
- 15ml Sesame Oil
- 160gr Onion, sliced
- 140gr Red and/or Yellow Peppers, sliced
- 8gr Fresh Ginger, grated
- 3 cloves (15gr) Fresh Garlic, grated
- 20ml Black or White Sesame Seeds
- 265gr Cooked Trout, flaked
- 40ml Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 40ml freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 10 sheets Spring Roll Pastry
- Slurry / Flour Paste
- 40ml Cake Flour
- 60ml Water
- Heat a pan, add the butter, sunflower and sesame oil. Saute the onions and peppers until cooked, add the ginger, garlic and sesame seeds.
- Add the cooked trout, soy and lemon juice.
- Cooked for a few minutes just to bring it all together and to reduce the soy sauce and lemon juice slightly.
- Make the slurry, mixing the flour and water together.
- Allow the mixture to slightly cool, and then roll the spring rolls. Put the spring roll pastry on a surface with a corner facing you. Place the flour paste along the edges of the opposite 2 sides.
- Place 50gr of mixture in the center of the spring roll pastry and roll up folding in the 2 side corners as you go.
- Deep fry just before serving.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Yields: About 150ml
- 250ml White Wine Vinegar
- 250ml Water
- 250ml White Sugar
- 10gr Red Chillies, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 14gr Garlic, grated
- 30gr Ginger, grated
- Heat the vinegar, water and sugar together in a saucepan. Stirring all the time until all sugar crystals are dissolved.
- Add the chillies, garlic and ginger, and reduce until a syrup consistency is reached.
- Serve chilled.