Clifford Thwala's Pan Grilled Green-listed Fish with Mushroom Risotto, Tartar Sauce & Vegetables
Makes up to 6 portions
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 large finely chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 250g of mushrooms, sliced
- 250g of risotto rice
- 150ml of white wine
- Pinch of Oryx salt and black pepper
- 500ml of homemade chicken stock or fish stock
- Sprig of thyme
- Sprig of coriander
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter
- 50g of grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the pan before adding olive oil, fry the onions until they are soft then add crush garlic.
- For colour and flavour add paprika, mushrooms then stir all ingredients in medium heat.
- After stirring for a minute add the risotto rice and white wine.
- Season with salt and pepper, give it a stir let it simmer for few minutes then start adding hot chicken stock in small portions, stirring continuously, until the risotto is quite moist and cooked perfectly for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- For rich aromas add thyme and coriander then finish your dish by adding butter, add grated parmesan cheese and garnish
Fish x 6 250g (Any SASSI Green listed fish, of your choice)
- 50ml olive oil
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 sprig of thyme, Lemon zest and extra for searing
- 2 tablespoons of salted butter and extra 2 tablespoons of butter for searing
- Oryx salt and pepper
- Champagne Valley Flour, white for dusting with Salt and pepper
- For about one hour marinate the fish in the above ingredients, minus the extra butter and lemon zest.
- Coat the fish in seasoned flour before searing in melted butter with lemon zest for few minutes on each side, until cooked.
Tartar Sauce with Clifford’s Twist
- In 1 cup of home-made mayonnaise simply add:
- 2 grated gherkins and finely chopped parsley,
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard,
- 1/4 finely chopped red onion
- Mix everything together and serve
- 1.2 kg baby carrots
- Drizzle with olive oil, Oryx salt and black pepper and roast in oven for 20 minutes
- Serve all components together for a family of 6