Vinegar Pudding Recipe
(makes one 20x30cm dish ±9cm deep)
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups of Champagne Valley white flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of Oryx salt
- 2 cups of full cream milk
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 2 teaspoons of vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C.
- Mix the sugar and eggs together.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together and add it to the sugar and egg mixture.
- Add the milk, apricot jam and vinegar to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a 20x30cm dish 9cm deep and bake in a hot oven at 150˚C for 1 hour.
- 235ml Millac gold cream
- 10ml vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 65g white sugar
- In a small, heavy saucepan, heat cream and vanilla until bubbles form at the edges. While cream is heating, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth.
- Slowly add the hot cream mixture to egg yolks, ½ cup at a time, whisking constantly.
- Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- 1 tin of ideal milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 125g of salted butter
- Place ingredients in a medium sized pot on the stove over medium high heat. Boil ingredients together.
- Pour the sauce over the baked pudding.
- Prick holes in the pudding to allow the sauce to be absorbed.
- Serve with custard.