BANANA BREAD FRENCH TOAST WITH CINNAMON BANANAS
Makes: 1 large bread tin
- 150gr Dried Dates, pitted and chopped
- 3gr (2.5ml) Bicarbonate of Soda
- 100ml Water, boiling
- 125gr Salted Butter, soft
- 95gr White Sugar
- 2whole Eggs
- 2.5ml Vanilla Extract
- 5med (540gr) Bananas, mashed
- 200gr CHAMPAGNE VALLEY STONEMILL Cake Flour
- 4gr (5ml) Baking Powder
- Pinch fine ORYX Salt
- Pre–heat the oven to 180C. Grease a large bread tin.
- Soak the dried dates in the bicarbonate of soda and boiling water, set aside.
- In an electric mixing machine cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas using the back of a fork, add the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the banana mixture into the egg mixture and combine well.
- Lastly fold in the soaked dates with the liquid amount. Pour the mixture into the greased bread tin.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 1 hour and 15minutes or until cooked. When cooked allow slightly cooling in the bread tin, remove and place on a cooling rack.
- 30ml White Sugar
- 5ml Cinnamon Powder
- 15gr Salted Butter
- 2 Bananas, cut into thick slices
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- In a hot frying pan melt the butter.
- Add the bananas; only a few slices as you are wanting to sear them nicely, by not overloading the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the bananas and turn them over to sear both sides. Set aside, to keep warm.
BANANA BREAD FRENCH TOAST
- 8 slices Banana Bread, there will be left over bread, that can be frozen or stored in airtight container for later snacking
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 30ml MILLAC Cream
- Pinch ORYX Salt
- 30gr Salted Butter
- 30ml SUNFOIL Oil
- In a bowl whisk the eggs, cream and salt together. Soak the bread in the egg – cream mixture.
- Heat a pan. Add the butter and oil for frying. Cook the bread on both sides; only frying two slices as not to overload your pan. Place the bread onto paper towelling to remove any extra oil and serve straight away with cinnamon bananas and syrup.