Costas Christodoulou signed up a week before we opened this year. We often laugh about how busy he kept me those last few days before school started. Costas had considered doing a culinary course when he finished school, a few years ago. He, however, completed a Bachelor of Business Administration and Advanced Certificate in Professional Photography courses before committing himself to becoming a chef. I was delighted when he decided to join us and with his previous experiences he has a trained eye when it comes to design. I look forward to seeing where this journey takes him.
With rugby season in full swing, Costas believes his Asian-inspired Sticky Chicken Wings are the perfect snack with a cold beer and the rugby. “Chicken wings have always been a favourite of mine and I enjoy experimenting with Asian flavours,” he says. “I use sweet, sour, bitter and salty combinations in a variety of ways,“ he adds. The students all agreed that these should be labelled ‘savoury yummies’. You too will want more.
Asian-inspired Sticky Chicken Wings
Meet Costas Christodoulou
1) What inspired you to enrol at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
To pursue a life-long dream of becoming a chef. To follow my dream and my heart and see where they take me.
2) What are you hoping to achieve there?
I would like to come out of my shell, grow in confidence and push myself beyond my comfort zone – and do well throughout the course.
3) What do you hope to give of yourself?
A career in the food industry and a greater knowledge and understanding of food.
4) What is your long-term goal?
Owning a restaurant/upmarket coffee shop – and a healthy meal-prep company.
5) In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
Three to five.
6) Who is your favourite international “foodie”?
7) If food had a personality, which dish would be most like you – and why?
Stew. Like a stew I take time to warm up and develop.
8) Where were you born and raised?
9) Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Gym; walking; camping; bonsai; photography; music.
10) What dish do you find least inspiring and why?
Cakes. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth.
Explore my website to find out more about my women's chef range - men's to come shortly; remember Baking with Jackie Cameron, Jackie Cameron Cooks At Home and all my foodie adventures. I always look forward to hearing from you so send an email to: email@example.com