Weber Steamed Bread/Ujeqe Recipe
- 2 cups Champagne Valley Stonemill Cake Flour
- Pinch Oryx Salt
- 15 ml White Sugar
- 6g Instant Yeast
- 300ml luke warm water
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together (including the yeast).
- Add sunflower oil, it will form crumbs, rub it together with your finger tips to form little/fine crumbs.
- Make a well in the centre, add half of the water start incorporating and slowly add the rest of the water until the dough comes together. You may not use all the above water amount.
- On a floured surface knead your dough for about 5-10 minutes until it feels springy.
- Roll it into a nice ball and place into a mixing bowl, cover this with cling wrap and leave in a warm place for 3-4 hours or until double in size.
- Once risen, knead slightly to get back into shape and place into a plastic bag-tie this closed. We use an old bread packet. We then placed this into an old grocery/shopping bag to ensure no moisture was getting into the dough.
- In the WEBER kettle place the stir-fry attachment within, put hot water into this STIR FRY ATTACHMENT ¾ of the way up, add the bread-packet, then cover with tin-foil put the lid of the weber on and let this steam for 30-45 minutes until cooked.
- We did check the temperature of the WEBER at times our aim was to keep it over 100 °C.