Weber Spicy Woodview Chuck Beef with Dhanya & Chickpeas
Weber Spicy Woodview Chuck Beef with Dhanya, crushed and chunky Chickpeas
- 740g beef - I use Woodview’s Chuck Beef the quality is world class so much depth of flavor and not tough. If you weren’t using Woodview’s chuck I would suggest Fillet.
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 15g salted butter
- 1 can chickpeas (strain liquid off and discard it)
- 5ml Durban masala
- 30ml lemon juice
- Fine ORYX salt and pepper
- 5g garlic
- 120ml RIO LARGO olive oil
- 70g butter
- 95g onion (finely chopped)
- 3T spices - (15ml Durban masala; 15ml turmeric powder; 15ml coriander seed; 15ml cumin seed; 15ml cayenne pepper; 15ml fennel seed; 4 dried chillies.
- Pulverize or liquidize all the spices to make a powder.
- Yields about 120ml mixed spices.
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Fresh Dhanya sprigs
- Beef: Take all sinew and excess fat off of the Chuck or beef fillet. Place the beef portions onto the hot and ready WEBER SEAR GRATE. Sear, place the lid on for a few minutes. Take out and allow the meat to rest. Slice the meat when cool.
- Crushed Chickpeas: Place all chickpea ingredients into a liquidiser and liquidise on a high speed until the correct consistency is reached. Place into a bowl to be served later. Garnish with chickpeas and sprinkle of paprika.
- Spicy sauce: Get the WEBER WOK hot and add butter and then onions. Sauté onions until caramelised. Add 3T spices and cook until the aromas develop. Add coconut milk, salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- When serving put the chickpea bowl, the fresh Dhanya sprigs. Heat the spicy sauce, add the sliced beef and heat through. Once warm place on the platter and serve with wild garlic butter.
- Take butter and add wild garlic or whisk cream until the curd and whey completely splits apart-strain through a cloth removing all moisture-what is left add the wild garlic to for a flavor and steamed bread.