Weber Seared Chicken Wings with Chakalaka & Chilli-Salsa
Ingredients & Method:
- Chicken Wings, take the “thigh and calf” part of the wing (discard the extra little piece) cut between the joints and with the back of your knife push all the meat to the knuckle bone making a bulb or bulge of meat. So for every chicken wing you would have two little chicken sticks.
- Leave overnight in lemon juice, olive oil and chopped Rosemary.
- Grill on the Weber grill until ready and serve with Chakalaka and Chilli-Salsa as a little starter snack a dipping treat.
- 45ml SUNFOIL Sunflower oil
- 185g Onion, finely chopped
- 2 T hot Masala
- 5 chillies, go by taste-remove all seeds and chop
- 1 Red Pepper, pips removed and sliced
- 200g Tomatoes, chopped
- 4 Carrots, grated
- Orxy Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan and add the oil.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, add the spices and cook until aromatic
- Then add the chillies, red peppers, tomatoes and carrots. Really just heat this through as you do not want the peppers and carrots to get too tender.
- This can be served hot or chilled.
- 85g Onions, finely chopped
- 250g Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 7 Green Chillies, go by taste
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- Orxy Salt and pepper to taste
- 45 ml Lemon juice or Vinegar to taste
- Mix all the ingredients above, add vinegar and/lemon juice and season well.
- Garnish with basil.