Saudi Arabia: Dakkous
Dakkous (Tomato Sauce)
- 15ml Sunflower Oil
- 2cloves (10gr) Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 250gr Ripe Tomatoes, skin removed and chopped
- 2.5ml Cumin Seeds, toasted and crushed
- 15ml Tomato Paste
- 1 Fresh Chilli, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Fine Salt
- Freshly grounded Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a pan, then add the garlic and cook for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Cover and allow to simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook with the lid off for about 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- The sauce can be stored in a sterilised glass bottle in the fridge then heated as needed.