Ramola's Chilli Bites Recipe
Ramola’s Chilli Bites
Makes: about 40 – 50 (this recipe can be halved)
- 250ml Gram Flour/ Chickpea Flour
- 125ml Cake Flour
- ORYX Salt, to taste
- 2.5ml Turmeric, fresh if possible
- 7.5ml Durban Masala or Red Masala
- 5ml White Sugar
- 5ml Baking Powder
- 15ml SUNFOIL Sunflower Oil
- 250ml Warm water
- 75gr Carrots, peeled and grated
- 100gr Potatoes, peeled and grated
- 45ml Coriander, chopped
- 65gr Onions, grated
- SUNFOIL Sunflower Oil, for frying
- Heat oil for deep-frying.
- Mix the gram flour, cake flour, salt, turmeric, masala, sugar and baking powder together.
- Add the oil and mix through.
- Add the warm water, to make a coating batter.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Take teaspoons of the batter and drop them into the oil (best for the oil to be on a medium heat, as you not wanting the outside to get to brown before the inside is not cooked), turning them around, and cook until brown on the outside and cooked inside.