Pear, Hazelnut and Chocolate Cake
- 100g Hazelnuts
- 140g Cake flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon,(slightly heaped) Baking Powder
- 140g castor sugar
- 150g butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (380g) pears, drained
- (Chop half for cake mix and slice remaining half for top of cake)
- 50g chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons apricot jam (for glaze)
- Preheat oven to 160⁰C.
- Butter and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Roughly chop nuts and chocolate.
- In a bowl, lightly mix beaten eggs, nuts, chocolate and chopped pears.
- In a processor, flour, baking powder, sugar and butter until resembling crumbs. Very lightly and swiftly combine with wet ingredients.
- Spoon into prepared cake tin and decorate with the reserved pear slices.
- Bake for about 50 minutes.
- Glaze the top of your cake with the apricot jam whilst it is still warm.
- Serve slightly warm with a dollop of cream.