Artichoke and Cannellini Bean Salad
This salad makes a total meal when served with griddled ciabatta bread. Using simple ingredients this can be made in a flash for a simple Mediterranean lunch. It is even better the next day when all the flavours have had time to mend.
- 2 Gloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tsp mint, chopped
- 600g artichokes, preferably bottled
- 400 cannellini beans, well drainedand rinsed
- 175g feta, hand crumbled
- Mix the garlic with olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and herbs.
- Separately, mix together the artichokes, beans and feta and then add the oil and herb mixture.
- Mix well and leave for at least an hour at room temperature before serving.