Yields : 1 x 22cm cake tin
- 120g salted Butter
- 1¼ cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2¼ cups Cake Flour
- ¼cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Full Cream Milk
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add the eggs one at a time
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder together
- Add this to the above mixture alternatively with the milk
- Put mixture into a lined spring tin and bake at 180ͦC for about 25 minutes or until cooked
- Remove and when cooled slice in half lengthways. Ensuring each piece is 1-2 cm in thickness. Clean the cake tin. Place the less attractive piece of cake at the bottom of the tin. Cover both rounds of cake with cling-wrap and set aside for later use.
White Chocolate Mousse
Yields : 1 cake
- 300g White Chocolate
- 90g salted Butter
- ½ cup Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 teaspoons Gelatine (dissolve in 30ml Water)
- 1½ cups Cream
- Melt the 300g chocolate, butter and ½ cup of pouring cream over a double boiler
- Whisk the 1 ½ cups of cream until firm
- Sponge 3 teaspoons of gelatine
- Mix three egg yolks into warm chocolate mixture
- Dissolve the gelatine in a double boiler and add to warm chocolate mixture. Stir well
- When this has cooled slightly add whipped cream
Putting the cake together...
You have a tin with a base of sponge in the tin. Top this with the white chocolate mousse. Place this into the fridge and when firm put the top layer of cake onto this mousse. Remove this from the tin and smooth around the edge of the cake with a palate knife. This is now ready for your choice of icing and decorating.
Please post your comments
and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.