Roasted Butternut Risotto with Woodview Wagyu Biltong and Gorgonzola
Serves: 6 main course portions
- 3 (2500gr) Butternuts
- 45ml Sunflower Oil
- Take one butternut, peel and roughly chop. Place in a pot with water and cook until soft. Strain and set aside.
- Take the other two butternuts, peel and roughly chop. Place onto two oven trays, drizzle with oil and roast in the oven until well cooked and caramelised with colour. Set aside.
- Place the boiled butternut and half the roasted butternut in a food processor and blend well, pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Cut the left over roasted butternut in smaller cubes and set aside.
- 2L Beef Stock, Home – Made quality
- 40gr Salted Butter
- 40ml Sunflower Oil
- 320gr Onions, chopped
- 4 (20gr) Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 320gr Risotto Rice
- Butternut Puree (set aside)
- Roasted Butternut chunks (set aside)
- 90ml Crème Fraiche
- Fine 0RYX Salt
- lack Pepper
- Before you start making the risotto, make sure the beef stock is on the heat.
- In a heavy based pot place the butter and oil.
- When melted and slightly browned, add the onions and garlic. Cook until translucent in colour.
- Add the risotto, making sure all the granules are covered with a layer of oil.
- Start adding the hot stock, stirring all the time until the liquid is reduced, small ladle by ladle at a time, until the risotto is cooked ‘al dente’, firm to the teeth/ bite.
- Add the butternut puree and butternut chunks.
- Finish with the crème fraiche and seasoning well with salt and black pepper.
- 30 Sage Leave, deep-fried in sunflower oil
- 60gr Gorgonzola, crumbled
- 200gr Woodview Wagyu Beef Biltong, sliced
- 30ml Rio Largo Olive Oil, drizzle
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper