Woodview Wagyu Ribeye Steak
Serves: 4 portions
- 4 Woodview Wagyu Ribeye Steak
- 20gr Salted Butter
- 20ml Sunflower Oil
- Pan – Sear the cut side in equal quantities of butter and oil until golden brown in colour.
- Place onto a tray. Cook at 240⁰C for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 15 minutes. Place back into the oven until cooked, to your preference, then remove, cover with foil and rest for a few minutes. Once all the juices have been absorbed back into the meat fibres, slice and serve.
Green Peppercorn Sauce
- 40ml Green Peppercorns
- 75ml Brandy
- 250ml Cream
- 60ml Cream
- In a saucepan fry the green peppercorns for a few seconds and remove from the heat. Using the back of your spoon crush the peppercorns as much as possible, within the pot, so not to lose any flavour.
- Heat the saucepan again and add the brandy, reduce the brandy by half.
- Whisk in the 250ml cream and bring the sauce to the boil, turn down the heat to a simmer, allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the peppercorns to infuse into the cream for about 15 minutes.
- When ready to serve, re-heat the sauce with the 60ml cream and season with ORYX fine salt.