- 300 g packet mixed salad leaves [rocket, baby spinach, watercress]
- 1 cos lettuce, broken up
- 250 g strawberries, cut in quarters
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 100 g snap peas
- 100 g asparagus tips, blanched
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and thinly sliced on the diagonal or strips
- 6 red spring onions, chopped or sliced lengthways or one red onion thinly sliced sugared almonds handful of alfalfa sprouts or micro greens
- Sugared Almonds
- 200 g whole almonds a few drops of water
- 60 ml icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Sprinkle nuts with a little water.
- Toss with icing sugar.
- Place them on a baking tray and bake until golden for about 15 minutes.
- Shake the tray frequently.
- Cool well before storing in a sealed container and use when ready to serve.
- Assemble salad ingredients on flat platter or salad bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad or serve separately in a ramekin.
- Sprinkle with nuts just before serving the salad.
- Garnish with fresh edible flowers.
- Chilli Line Dressing
- 80 ml sweet chilli sauce
- 25 ml plain low fat yoghurt
- 20 ml mayonnaise
- 2 limes, juiced herb salt and ground black pepper
- 30 ml Italian parsley chopped or mint or coriander
- With a whisk, mix together all dressing ingredients.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.