Apple, Cinnamon and Pecan Cake
Makes 1 Cake
- 250ml Cake Flour
- 250ml White Sugar
- 5ml Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2.5ml Baking Powder
- 2.5ml Fine Salt
- 25ml Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 175ml Sunflower Oil
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 3 (250ml) Apples, de-cored and liquidised
- 100gr Pecan Nuts
- 75gr Raisins
- 375ml Apple, grated
- 15ml Treacle Sugar
- 60ml Pecan Nuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ Apple, sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder together.
- Mix the eggs, oil, vanilla essence and pureed apple together.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture.
- Finish with the pecan nuts, raisins and grated apple.
- Grease a Bundt Pan/Angel Food Cake tin (tin with the whole in the middle) very well. Sprinkle the tin with the sugar and pecan nuts and arrange the sliced apple on the base and sides. Place the mixture on top of this.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until cooked.
Cream Cheese Icing
- 460gr Cream Cheese
- 30gr Butter, soft
- 400ml Icing Sugar, sifted
- Whisk all the ingredients together till smooth.
- Ice the cake with cream cheese icing and garnish.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.