Banana and Date Bread
- 150gr Fresh Dates, pit removed, roughly chopped
- 2.5ml Bicarbonate of Soda
- 80ml Boiling Water
- 125gr Butter, soft
- 125ml White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 8 medium Bananas, mashed
- 375ml Cake Flour
- 5ml Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Soak the dates in the Bicarbonate of Soda and water, set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the vanilla essence and mashed bananas.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, and fold into the creamed mixture.
- Lastly fold in the soaked dates.
- Place the batter into a lined and greased bread tin, bake for 45 minutes or until cooked.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.