Andiswa's Chakalaka Recipe
- 45ml SUNFOIL Sunflower oil
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- 1 Garlic clove (grated)
- 2 Tomatoes (grated for the juice)
- 60ml Water
- 1 Red pepper (sliced)
- 1 yellow pepper (sliced)
- 2 Red or green chilies (de- seeded and finely chopped
- 5ml desiccated coconut
- 5ml Durban Masala, or any red Masala
- 5ml Garam Masala
- 5m Mixed spice
- 1 Tin Koo Baked Beans
- 4 Carrots (grated)
- Oryx Salt and Pepper
- Heat oil in pan.
- Once oil is hot, add the sliced onions and garlic and cook off for 2 minutes.
- Mix the grated tomato with water and set aside.
- Add the peppers, chilies, coconut and spices in the onion mixture and cook off the spices for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato and water mixture and bring to boil.
- Add the tin of Koo Baked Beans and carrots mix to bring the ingredients together.
- Allow to cook and season.
- Serve with Pap or at a braai.