1. What inspired you to enrol at Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine?
My appreciation of food and baking. I grew up with my grannies most of the time, and we would bake and cook.
2. What are you hoping to achieve here?
To learn everything about food and to be confident when I cook.
3. What do you hope to give of yourself?
To be the best I can be.
4. What is your long-term goal?
To be the first South African woman to open a Michelin Star restaurant, in South Africa.
5. In how many years do you hope to achieve this?
6. Who is your favourite international ‘foodie’?
Paul Hollywood from The Great British Bake Off.
7. If food had a personality, what dish would be most like you – and why?
Crepe suzette. It’s a classic French dessert which I find elegant and full of flavour – and I’m full of personality, energy as well as confidence. With that comes carrying oneself with decorum.
8. Where were you born and raised?
9. Apart from food what hobbies do you enjoy?
Drawing and painting.
10. What dish do find least inspiring – and why?
Macaroni and cheese – it’s very cheesy and starchy.