ORYX DESERT SALT PET BILTONG
- 500g Ostrich meat
- 31.5ml Balsamic vinegar
- 25 ml brown sugar
- 7.5 ml Oryx Desert coarse salt
- 3.7ml bicarbonate soda (this softens the meat)
1. Cut the ostrich into 1 cm thick slices & rub Thoroughly with vinegar
2. Mix the sugar, Bicarbonate of soda, & Oryx Desert Salt together in a bowl & Rub into the meat.
3. Layer the meat into a glass or stainless steel bowl & cover with cling wrap
4. Store in the refrigerator for 12 hours mixing every couple of hours.
5. Hang in a dry well ventilated area or in a Biltong Machine.
6. Biltong should dry in 5-7 days depending on the weather & personal preference
For a “human” version please feel free to add coriander seeds as well as some paprika & chili or other spices.