Yields: 4-6 portions
- Butter, for greasing
- ¾ cup Dark Chocolate, best quality you can afford
- 45ml Cream, slightly heated
- 1 x 55g Nougat
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa
- Pinch ORYX Salt
- 100g Castor Sugar
- 100g Suet
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 120ml Milk
- Grease a 15cm secured-lid steamed pudding dish.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, add the heated cream and stir. Spoon the chocolate and swirl around the bottom of the dish, break the nougat roughly into chunks and place this on top of the melted chocolate.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, salt and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Add the suet and rub in lightly with your fingertips to incorporate into the flour.
- Gradually add the eggs and milk to make a thick batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. Cover the dish with foil, ensuring that it is covered tightly and then secure the lid.
- Place a saucer into the base of a large heavy-based pot and place the pudding dish on top. Pour in boiling water to come about half way up the sides of the pudding dish. Cover with a lid.
- Bring this to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Place the pudding dish into the WONDERBAG and seal for 3 hours. Unwrap and invert onto a serving plate.
- Best served immediately with a thick dollop of freshly whipped cream.