Daphnes' Steam Pudding (Known as Fresh Pudding)
Makes 1 small tin
- 57 gr Salted Butter
- 57 gr White Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 115 gr Cake Flour
- 5 ml Baking Powder
- 30 ml Full Cream Milk
- 125 ml Smooth Apricot Jam
- Beat the butter, sugar and egg together.
- Add the flour, baking powder and milk, mixing all the ingredients well together.
- Take you steaming dish, grease well and then place the apricot jam at the bottom. Then place the steaming batter on top.
- Cover the dish with foil, place the lid on, and place the dish in a pot with water, with the lid on. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and allow to steam for 1 hour, or until cooked.
- When cooked, allow to slightly cool, then loosen the sides and unmould onto your serving dish. Serve with custard straight away.