Carla’s Grilled Peach topped with Camembert, Caesar Dressing and Nut Brittle:
Paired with the Protea Chardonnay 2015
Serves: 4 tasting portions
- 2 Yellow, fury – skinned Peaches
- 30gr Salted Butter
- Cut the peaches in half, to you have two half rounds. Then cut each half round slightly on the bottom of the skin side, this will allow the peaches to stand flat/ straight without rolling around.
- Melt the butter in a grill pan, getting the pan very hot. Place the peaches flesh skin side down first and allow the griddle lines to form on the peach. Turn the peach around and grill the other side.
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 1 medium Garlic clove, crushed
- 10ml Dijon Mustard
- 125ml RIO LARGO Olive Oil
- 125ml SUNFOIL Sunflower Oil
- 30ml freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 15ml Water
- 40gr Back Bacon, rind removed, chopped (Optional)
- 60gr Onion, chopped
- 10g Capers, roughly chopped
- 10ml Worcestershire Sauce
- 20g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ORYX Salt and Black Pepper
- Whisk the yolks, garlic and mustard until pale yellow.
- Add the oils very slowly to this mixture to allow it to emulsify. If added too quickly the mixture will separate.
- Finish with lemon juice and water. Set aside.
- Place the chopped bacon into a hot pan, add the onions and sauté until well caramelised. Add a drop of oil if needs be.
- Add the capers.
- Add the cooled onion-bacon mixture, capers, Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan cheese to the dressing and season well. Set aside.
- 125gr Flaked Almonds
- 125gr White Sugar
- Roast the flaked almonds, until golden.
- Caramelise the sugar by placing a pan on the heat and adding the sugar, allowing too slowly melt. Don’t stir the sugar, as this will cause the sugar to crystalize, but shake the pan.
- Once melted, sprinkle the hot roasted nuts into the melted sugar, quickly mix it around. Then evenly spread it out over a sheet of greaseproof paper/ silicone pad. Place another sheet of greaseproof paper/ silicone pad on top of this, using a rolling pin to roll over the greaseproof paper/ silicone pad, trying to create a thin layer of almond brittle.
- ½ Camembert Round
- Place the peach onto a serving dish, top this with a wedge of Camembert. Top with the Caesar Dressing and stick in broken shards of the almond brittle.