Cauliflower and Potato Curry with Peas
- 1 fresh cauliflower cut into medium florets
- 2 large potatoes peeled, cubed
- 1/3 cup oil (olive or sunflower)
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 heaped tsp finest curry powder (medium)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 stalk fresh curry leaves
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 cup green peas
- ¼ cup water
- Few springs fresh dhania
- Clean cauliflower, set aside with potato.
- Heat oil, toss in cumin, bay leaf, curry powder, turmeric, cardamom and curry leaves. Stir together.
- Rapidly add onions, cook until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, potato and peas (if you are using fresh peas; if frozen, add later, 5 mins before end of cooking).
- Season to taste with salt. Add water, mix gently.
- Simmer until cauliflower and potatoes are cooked.
- If using frozen peas, add about 5 mins before you judge the potatoes will be done. Scatter with fresh coriander.
- Serve with basmati rice or rolled in a roti.