Baby Brinjal Pickle
- 500g baby brinjals
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3 Tbsp pickle (methi) masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp crushed ginger and garlic
- Salt to taste
- Remove stems from brinjals. Slit brinjals twice, lengthways, keeping intact at stem end.
- Blanch in boiling water, vinegar and salt for 10 mins. Drain.
- Heat oil. Add blanched brinjal, masala, turmeric, ginger and garlic, salt to taste. Gently mix in, on the stove. Pack in glass bottles.
- Leave for a week before serving.