Bar One Chocolate Cake
Yields: 22cm Cake
- 45ml Cocoa Powder
- 80 ml Boiling Water
- 150 g unsalted Butter
- 250 ml White Sugar
- 3 Eggs, Extra Large
- 500 ml Cake Flour
- 15 ml Baking Powder
- 3 ml Bicarbonate of Soda
- 3 ml fine Salt
- 250 ml Plain Yoghurt
- 2x55g Bar One Chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1x 55g Bar One Chocolate
- 100g Dark Chocolate, we use Belgium
- 60 ml Cream
- 45g Unsalted Butter
- Mix cocoa powder in boiling water until smooth and allow slight cooling
- Cream butter and sugar very well. Add eggs, one-at-a-time, beating well in-between. Then add cocoa mixture
- Sift all your dry ingredients, add bar one chunks to this. Alternately, add sifted ingredients with yoghurt to the creamed mixture
- Grease and line a 22cm loose-bottomed cake tin, spoon in cake mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven of 180˚C for about 1 hour.
- While the cake is baking mix up all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan over a low heat until completely melted.
- One the cake is baked remove from the cake, place onto a cooling wrack. Using a skewer make holes all over the top of the cake, then pour over the warm sauce
- Leave over night covered in the fridge
Caramel Sauce Layer
(make the day of the cake baking)
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 250 ml Cream
- 40g salted Butter
- Caramelise the sugar over a low heat in a pan, add butter and then cream. Lightly simmer
- Strain through a sieve and place into the fridge
Whipped Cream Layer
250 ml Cream, whipped
- 2x 55g Bar One Chocolate
- 100 g Dark Chocolate, we use Belgium
- 200 g pink and white Marshmallows
- 250 ml Cream
- Place all the above ingredients into a big bowl and melt over a Bain Marie
- 125g unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ cups sifted Icing Sugar
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- Cream all the above ingredients together
- Mix Part one and part two together well
Putting the cake together
- Cut the cake into three layer
- Place a caramel layer and cream layer in-between the layers
- Finish with the above gooey Bar One Icing. Use a hot knife and take care in icing this.
- Decorate with Bar One chunks and marshmallows if wanted.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.