- 120gr Salted Butter
- 60ml Sunflower Oil
- 375gr Onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves (12gr) Garlic, grated
- 4 sprigs (12gr) Rosemary, chopped
- 6 Bay Leaves
- 750gr Tomatoes, chopped
- 200gr Tomato Paste, All Gold
- 1kg Topside Beef Mince
- Salt and Black Pepper
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil.
- Add the onions and garlic, cooking it really well.
- Then add the rosemary, bay leaves and tomatoes, cooking till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Add the tomato paste, which will make the consistency of the mixture thicker.
- Cooking it for about 15 minutes, lastly add the mince.
- Combine it all well, don't overcook the mince.
- Season with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- 2L Full Cream Milk
- 5 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5ml Salt
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 250ml Cake Flour
- 250ml Salted Butter
- 200gr Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Bring the milk with the peppercorns, bay leaves, salt, onions and rosemary to the boil allowing all the flavours to infuse. Strain and set aside.
- Make a blond roux (chef's note: a cooked mixture of equal amounts of flour and butter, used to thicken many sauces. For a blond roux the flour and butter must be cooked until golden in colour to ensure the floury taste is lost). Get a pot on the heat and add the butter. When melted add the flour and cook until golden.
- Slowly add the warm milk so no lumps form. Bring to the boil and allow simmering until correct consistency is reached. Finish with cheese and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 5L Water
- 10ml Salt
- 45ml Olive Oil
- 1 box (500gr) Lasagne Sheets
- 100gr Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Place the water, salt and olive oil on the heat in a big pot.
- When this is boiling, blanch the lasagne sheets in the water, till al dente (firm to the bite) doing only a few sheets at a time.
- Place on a tray with some olive oil sprinkle over and set aside.
- You can make this in one big dish or small individual dishes, spray and cook them well.
- Start by a layer of white sauce, then lasagne sheet and then layer of mince, keep layering like this until you get to the top of the dish. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place in pre-heated oven, 180ºC for 30 minutes or until golden on top.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below.
I look forward to hearing from you.