Emilys' Frankie’s Ginger Ham
Serves 6 - 8
- 1 (2.2kg) Gammon Joint, deboned
- 6 pieces (45gr) Preserved Ginger Pieces
- 8 (500ml) Frankies' Fiery Ginger Beer
- 30ml Treacle Sugar/ Soft Brown Sugar
- 250ml Smooth Apricot Jam/ Honey
- 50ml Port (optional)
- 50ml Dijon Mustard
- 10ml Fresh Ginger, grated
- 15ml Preserved Ginger Syrup
- Boil the gammon in the Frankie’s Fiery Ginger Beer, for approximately 1 hour per kilogram.
- Pre–Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Drain and cut off the skin layer, leaving on a 1cm layer of fat on the gammon. Make diamond shape patterns in the fat and place the pieces of preserved ginger into the cuts in various places on the joint.
- Bring all the glaze ingredients to the boil and pour over the gammon.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown and heat through.
- Best served straight away.
Green Bean Salad
- 30ml Rio Largo Olive Oil
- 1 (200gr) White Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic, finely chopped
- 15ml Fresh Chives, snipped
- 15ml Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 250gr Green Beans, blanched and refreshed
- 125gr Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 60ml Cashew Nuts, roasted
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil, add the onions and garlic and fry until translucent.
- Add the chives and lemon juice.
- Remove from the heat and toss in the green beans, feta and cashew nuts.
- Season with ORYX flaked salt and black pepper.
- Serve on the side with the gammon.