Yield: 1 sandwich
- 2 slices good quality bread, we used home-made brioche loaf
- 30 ml cheese sauce, so 15ml on each slice of bread
- 80g Gammon Ham
- 20g Cheddar Cheese
- 40g salted Butter
- 10g Parmesan, grated
- Slice the bread, butter with the cheese sauce, top with the ham amount, cheddar cheese.
- Then using butter spread the outside of the bread and toast well in a frying-pan.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and finish under the grill..serve hot.
- 2L Full Cream Milk
- 5 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 5ml Salt
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs Rosemary
- 250ml Cake Flour
- 250ml Salted Butter
- 200gr Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Bring the milk with the peppercorns, bay leaves, salt, onions and rosemary to the boil allowing all the flavours to infuse. Strain and set aside.
- Make a blond roux (chef's note: a cooked mixture of equal amounts of flour and butter, used to thicken many sauces. For a blond roux the flour and butter must be cooked until golden in colour to ensure the floury taste is lost). Get a pot on the heat and add the butter. When melted add the flour and cook until golden.
- Slowly add the warm milk so no lumps form. Bring to the boil and allow simmering until correct consistency is reached. Finish with cheese and seasoning with salt and pepper-set aside