Makes 15 espresso cups or 1 spring-form tin
- 6 eggs separated (keep the yolks for mayonnaise or scrambled eggs)
- 140 g butter
- 140 g castor sugar
- 140 g ground almonds
- 250 g fat free cottage cheese
- 75 g mixed frozen berries
- 25 g polenta
- Whisk egg whites until stiff
- Cream butter and sugar together then add other ingredients together and lastly fold in egg whites.
- Spoon into greased espresso cups or ramekins or one lined and greased spring form tin [23 cm].
- Place cups / ramekins into a roasting tray and pour water into the tray until it reaches halfway up the cups.
- Bake at 180 degrees until light brown 30 - 40 minutes.
- Serve warm and dust with icing sugar and berry coulis.
- 250 g mixed fresh berries
- 25 ml honey
- Place berries and honey into a food processor and blitz.
- Spoon over cooked dessert and dust with icing sugar.
NOTE: Berries are near the top of the list of foods rich in anti oxidant boost. Combining red, blue and purple varieties will certainly add a nutritional boost to any meal or desert.
Please post your comments and any food-related questions below. I look forward to hearing from you.