WONDERBAG Chocolate Steamed Pudding with Nougat
Yields: 1 dish
- ¾ cup (120gr) Dark Chocolate (the best money can afford), chopped
- 45ml Cream, slightly heated
- 1 X 55gr Nougat
- 175gr Self – Raising Flour
- 15ml Cocoa Powder
- Pinch ORYX Salt
- 100gr Castor Sugar
- 100gr Beef Suet, very finely chopped
- 3 Whole Eggs, beaten
- 120ml Full Cream Milk
- Grease a 15cm secure – lid steamed pudding dish.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, add the heated cream and stir. Spoon the chocolate and swirl around in the bottom of the steaming dish. Break the nougat toughly into chunks and place this on top of the melted chocolate.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt and sugar together. Add the suet and rub in lightly with your fingertips to incorporate into the flour.
- Gradually add the eggs and milk, to make a thick batter.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared steaming dish. Cover the dish with foil, ensuring that it is covered tightly and the secure the lid.
- Place a saucer onto the base of a large heavy – based pop and place the pudding dish on top. Pour in boiling water to come half way up the sides of the pudding dish. Cover with the lid.
- Bring to the boil and allow the pudding to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pudding straight form the pot to the WONDERBAG, close quickly and keep sealed for 3 hours. Unwrap and invert the pudding onto a serving dish.
- Best served immediately with a thick dollop of freshly whipped cream.
For details on the WONDERBAG email Trevor on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone him on 083 555 0178. You'll find him very helpful. Here's to adding a new technique to your table. It will give you more time to spend with your family and friends - out of the kitchen.