Thai Stir Fry
Serves : 4
- 350gr Jasmine Rice, washed
- 1 litre Water
- 5ml Fine Salt
- Place the rice, water and salt in a pot and boil for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Turn down to a low heat, and cook for another 15 minutes, almost steaming the rice.
- Keep aside.
- 15ml Sesame Oil
- 100gr Onions, sliced
- 10gr Fresh Garlic, grated
- 10gr Fresh Ginger, grated
- 4 Fresh Chillies, sliced
- 400gr Chicken Breast, cut in strips
- 200gr Long Stem Broccoli/ Tender Stem
- 100gr Cashew nuts, roasted
- 3 Limes, freshly squeezed
- 15ml Fish Sauce
- 15ml Soy Sauce
- 20gr Fresh Basil
- 20gr Spring Onions, sliced
- In a very hot pan, heat the sesame oil.
- Fry the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli until browned.
- Add the chicken and fry until starting to colour.
- Add the broccoli and cashews.
- When the chicken is cooked add the lime juice, fish sauce and soy sauce.
- With your hands roughly tear the basil into the mixture and add the spring onions.
- Toss well together and serve with the cooked Jasmine rice.