Yields: +-1.5 litres
- 1L Cream
- 6 Red Onions, sliced
- 3 Star Anise
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 250ml White Sugar
- 15ml Glucose Syrup
- Heat the cream, onions and star anise together allow to infuse, liquidise.
- Cream the egg yolks and sugar together, add the glucose.
- Fold the strained cream mixture into the egg mixture.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to cool.
- Churn in an ice-cream machine. If an ice-cream machine isn't available place chilled mixture into a freezer. Whisk every 30 minutes until frozen to allow for a light, fluffy ice cream. Serve with a hearty pumpkin or butternut soup.